Author

  • Stefano Mazzotti

Share

Casteldidone

City CASTELDIDONE
Country ITA

A fine neoclassical church built in 1836-37 over a pre-existing demolished church; it is a spacious building with a large dome and skylight. The church, and also the bell tower built immediately after it, were designed by the engineer  Luigi Voghera, a distinguished architect to whom the town of Cremona assigned the job of designing important civil and religious buildings. The church, the only one in Italy dedicated to the Saints AbdonandSennem, Persian martyrs of the III century, is home to several paintings of a certain worth and of local interest.

Map

Nearby...loading