Cultural Heritage

Area Archeologica

in the northeastern area of the city, where the city walls were partially
reconstructed. These archaeological data, together with the investigations
on the territory made through the use of aerial  […]

Assunta oratory, church

The small XII century Assunta and S. Alessandro oratory stands in Torricella, on the road to Volongo; built in Romanesque style, it hosts XVI century frescoes. […]

Audiovisual Communication Centre 'Oreste Coni'

The Centre is located into the cultural centre, together with the Teatro Giacometti and the Biblioteca Comunale (the local library), under the XVI century Gonzaga-style arcade built by Bertazzolo.
 […]

Bell of Commessaggio town tower

The bell of the Torre Civica is currently in the tower of Palazzo Municipale. As far as it is known, this is the only bell of the many cast for  […]

Bell-tower of San Domenico

This solitary 14C bell-tower is all that survives in loco of a church and large convent, the first of the Dominican order in the city. […]

Bianchi Palace

Two large telamons flank the entrance of this mansion, constructed in the mid-18C for the Marchese Bianchi, who enriched it with a spectacular staircase and frescoes by Giuseppe Bazzani. After  […]

Bibiena Academic Theatre

Also known as the Teatro Scientifico or Teatro Accademico, it was founded by the members of the Accademia Virgiliana and used as a theatre for performances, scientific experiments and doctrinal  […]

Bonacolsi Palace

Today’s Palazzo Castiglioni, from the name of the family who bought it in the 19th century, the palace was first attributed to the Bonacolsi, who were the first lords of  […]

Bonifica di Revere pumping station

The pumping station was completed in 1926 as part of the Revere reclamation project.

Its purpose was to drain water from the Oltrepò areas to the right of the River Secchia
 […]

Borgoforte fort

Also called Forte Centrale or Forte Magnaguti, this was built in 1859, along with Forte Noyon in Motteggiana, on the right bank of the River Po, and the Rocchetta and  […]

Borromeo Palace

This is the old Mantua residence of the Milanese family to which St Carlo Borromeo belonged. As commemorated in words above the entrance, he stayed here on several occasions. To  […]

Botte San Prospero

A ‘botte’ is a hydraulic term to allow the junction of two watercourses.


In this particular case, the Botte San Prospero (1923) was built as part of the Parmigiana-Moglia land reclamation  […]

Ca' de' Cervi, shrine

 


Near Derovere, along the Postumia road, the ancient sanctuary of Ca' de' Cervi lays. According to tradition, here Our Lady miraculously appeared to a deaf-mute girl, who  […]

Ca` di Pom - Museo Vanni Viviani

Dating from the 18C, decayed and scheduled for demolition, the building stands in the birthplace of the artist Vanni Viviani, who made it the home of his dreams.


His magic was  […]

Cage tower, Mantua

Torre della Gabbia – the cage tower – is Mantua's highest tower; it stands out on Palazzo Acerbi. In 1576 duke Guglielmo Gonzaga put a great iron cage outside the  […]

Calvatone Polichne

Part of the objects found in the ancient town are on display at the Platina Museum in the Municipality of Piadena; some think that the original of the Winged Victory,  […]

Canossa Palace

The building, which was the residence of the Marquises of Canossa, was erected in the 17th century. The ashlared façade, enriched with stucco panels, shows windows and frame decorations and  […]

Carmelite Cloisters

Mantua records the Carmelite presence as far back as 1316 and their former convent (1444) is now the seat of the Intendenza di Finanza in Via Pomponazzo.


The Order left the  […]

Cartiera Burgo

The Burgo paper mill, a mature work by Pier Luigi Nervi, features an elegant bridge structure that is reflected in the waters of the Mantua lakes. It is one of  […]

Casa Natale di Santa Francesca Cabrini

The native house of Saint Frances Cabrini was bought by the
Missionary Sisters
 […]

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 40 Next >

Map