Cultural Heritage

Casa del dopolavoro

Previously a school building, this was converted to a Rationalist ‘Casa del Regime’ by the engineer Demetrio Palvarini in the late 1930s and then, again, to a workers’ recreational circle  […]

Casa del pretore

Standing on the corner of Via Botturi and Via IV Novembre, the Casa del Pretore dates from the 17C. Initially the local magistrate’s residence, it was converted to a kindergarten  […]

Casalmaggiore - Church of Santa Maria dell'Argine

The church, one of the first Christian churches in the area dedicated originally to Our Lady of Grace, is located in the place where the town was first located, with  […]

Casalmaggiore – Garibaldi Square (Piazza Garibaldi)

Designed in the 17th century, it was originally made of beaten earth. In 1813 was paved thanks to a testamentary bequest left by nobleman Leopoldo Molossi, and obtained the current appearance. […]

Casalpusterlengo, Villa Biancardi

On the area of a pre-existing castle Serafino Biancardi commissioned Villa Biancardi; this is why it is also known as "Zorlesco castle”. The building works began in 1911 and the  […]

Casino Pernestano

Situated in the hamlet of Gozzolina, Casino Pernestano is named after the Bohemian Bibiana von Pernstein, wife of Francesco Gonzaga, the brother of St Aloysius Gonzaga.


The complex was built around  […]

Castel D'Ario castle

Castel d’Ario Castle was a strategic element of a defensive system into the Mantuan territory, together with Castelbelforte and Villimpenta Castles, placed on the borderline with Veneto.
Castel D'Ario  […]

Casteldidone

A fine neoclassical church built in 1836-37 over a pre-existing demolished church; it is a spacious building with a large dome and skylight. The church, and also the bell tower  […]

Casteldidone, Il Mot (Cascina Cavalca)

It is here that we find the most ancient settlement of Casteldidonedescribed in 1309 as a "village surrounded by a moat with a fortified tower”. The tower was built by  […]

Castiglione delle Stiviere castle

The first sure records of the complex date from the early 14C and refer to forays by the Scaliger militia, during the war between Brescia and Verona. At that time,  […]

Cathedral - church of St. Nazario and Celso Martyrs

St Aloysius Gonzaga is the patron saint of this parish church, built by Giovanni Battista Groppi of Milan in 1761.


The solemn and luminous interior, with a nave, two aisles and  […]

Cathedral of the Virgin Mary of the Assumption

This cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and it is one of the largest in Lombardy. It is in Romanic-style. Its building started in 1160 and  […]

Cavalcabò Palace

This dates from the late 17C-early 18C and was the scene of episodes linked to the Risorgimento battle of Curtatone and Montanara on 29 May 1848.


Originally a Gonzaga villa, it  […]

Cavriani Palace

Built in 1756 by Bolognese Alfonso Torreggiani for the marquis of Cavriani, it is a monumental construction with severe architectural divisions and ornamentation.
Opposite the palace is a garden designed  […]

Centro Eridano

A building of considerable architectural and historic worth converted to a visitor reception centre for the Isola Boscone nature reserve. […]

Cereta parish church

A fine parish church restored in the 18C and with a beautiful inlaid marble altar, the work of the famous Baroncini marble workers, from Brescia.


It contains an admirable altarpiece of  […]

Chamber Historical Archive

The Historical Archive of the Chamber of Commerce, that owns rich historical-economical documents dating from the 14th to the 19th century, also has an educational and museum function thanks to  […]

Chapel of Ghisiolo

This small chapel, perhaps dating from the 17C, is dedicated to the Visitation of Mary. The altarpiece was restored in 1978. Mass is celebrated every first Saturday of the month  […]

Chapel of the Ossario

It is in the lower side of the village, very close to the museum. It is the most ancient church in Solferino. It became an ossuary in June 1870, and  […]

Chiavica Vallazza

The Chiavica Vallazza divides the Fossalta canal, the oldest in the Oltrepò area, to the right of the River Secchia and dating from the 15C, into two stretches historically known  […]

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 Next >

Map