Religious building

Church Assunzione della Beata Vergine Maria

This parish church is the work of Giovanni Maria Borsotto from Ticino, who was also responsible for the imposing bell-tower, built approximately 20 years later. […]

Abbadia Cerreto, SS Peter and Paul Abbey

Built by Cistercian monks over pre-existing foundations in 1084, it stands out as an example of Lombard Cistercian architecture and marks the shift from the Romanic style to the Gothic  […]

Ancient Jewish Cemetery

The site of the old Jewish cemetery of Gradaro is currently a military zone and inaccessible but ownership is being passed to the local council, which plans to renovate it  […]

Assunta oratory, church

The small XII century Assunta and S. Alessandro oratory stands in Torricella, on the road to Volongo; built in Romanesque style, it hosts XVI century frescoes. […]

Bell-tower of San Domenico

This solitary 14C bell-tower is all that survives in loco of a church and large convent, the first of the Dominican order in the city. […]

Ca' de' Cervi, shrine

 


Near Derovere, along the Postumia road, the ancient sanctuary of Ca' de' Cervi lays. According to tradition, here Our Lady miraculously appeared to a deaf-mute girl, who  […]

Casalmaggiore - Church of Santa Maria dell'Argine

The church, one of the first Christian churches in the area dedicated originally to Our Lady of Grace, is located in the place where the town was first located, with  […]

Casteldidone

A fine neoclassical church built in 1836-37 over a pre-existing demolished church; it is a spacious building with a large dome and skylight. The church, and also the bell tower  […]

Cathedral - church of St. Nazario and Celso Martyrs

St Aloysius Gonzaga is the patron saint of this parish church, built by Giovanni Battista Groppi of Milan in 1761.


The solemn and luminous interior, with a nave, two aisles and  […]

Cathedral of the Virgin Mary of the Assumption

This cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and it is one of the largest in Lombardy. It is in Romanic-style. Its building started in 1160 and  […]

Cereta parish church

A fine parish church restored in the 18C and with a beautiful inlaid marble altar, the work of the famous Baroncini marble workers, from Brescia.


It contains an admirable altarpiece of  […]

Chapel of Ghisiolo

This small chapel, perhaps dating from the 17C, is dedicated to the Visitation of Mary. The altarpiece was restored in 1978. Mass is celebrated every first Saturday of the month  […]

Church Annunciazione della Beata Vergine Maria

Attributed to Giovanni Maria Borsotto and erected in 1756-1776, this was the church of the Carmelitan fathers, as confirmed by the statue of St Albert on the second altar on  […]

Church Assunzione della Beata Vergine Maria

This church was designed by Paolo Soratini from Lonato in the first half of the 18C but remains of earlier International Gothic walls can still be seen in the late  […]

Church Assunzione della Beata Vergine Maria

The church has a wonderful 15C fresco cycle that has recently been restored and occupies the whole counter-facade. At the opposite end, the balustrade and main altar have some remarkable  […]

Church Assunzione della Beata Vergine Maria, Pieve di Coriano

As stated in a XVI century plaque on its façade, they believe that the church was built on the orders of countess Matilda of Tuscany. Actually, it was already there  […]

Church Natività della Beata Vergine Maria

The current building dates from 1768. In 1837, the architect Giovanni Battista Vergani renovated the facade, a fact celebrated in the presence of Bishop Bellè.


The interior has paintings by the  […]

Church Natività della Beata Vergine Maria

The parish of Soave lies approximately 10km northwest of Mantua, in the extreme west of the Porto area. Spread over approximately 1,500 hectares, it is circumscribed to the southwest by  […]

Church Santissima Trinità

This church formerly belonged to monks of the Olivetan order but is now home to the Servites.


Although plain on the outside, the interior of the monastery is decorated with 16C  […]

Church Santissima Trinità, Bozzolo

In late XVI century the Holy Trinity Confraternity promoted the building of this church, in the new quarter created on the orders of Giulio Cesare and Scipione Gonzaga.
The  […]

1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next >

Map