Religious building

Church Santissimo Nome di Maria

This parish church replaced the Matildic parish church of Santa Maria Alba in the 18C. Paintings include a series on the Stations of the Cross and the Mysteries of the  […]

Church of Beata Vergine Maria Assunta and St. Andrea Apostolo

ebuilding commenced in 1472 over a smaller 14C Gothic church. It was completed by the architect Guglielmo Cremonese in 1514. Treasures conserved in the cathedral include a 16C organ by  […]

Church of Beata Vergine Maria and St Urbano pope and martyr

The present parish church dates from 1840, whereas the surviving bell-tower is of the 15C.


It is Neoclassical with a Greek-cross plan and has a fine Serassi organ. […]

Church of Cristo Redentore

Built in 1979, this is dedicated to Jesus Christ the Redeemer of Mankind, in memory of Pope John Paul II’s first encyclical.


Set in a central space with several other public  […]

Church of Maria Madre della Chiesa

The Belvedere-Fontane centre was conceived as an evangelisation and gathering place; it includes a chapel hall, several rooms and the keeper's house.


Still, it hosts a precious willow wood organ by  […]

Church of Ognissanti, Mantua

Some historians say that Ognissanti – id est All Saints – church was built on the orders of Matilda of Tuscany in 1080, and that the countess later gave it  […]

Church of Our Lady of the Earthquake

The oratory of the Madonna del Terremoto or of the Canossa is a small religious construction that is the finishing touch to the beautiful Piazza Canossa. Its construction was inspired  […]

Church of Peace

This Church was built as a mark of gratitude for the gift of peace which was obtained after a miraculous event that took place during the time of fights between  […]

Church of Saint Anthony Abbot

The church presents itself with the restored original form, formerly hidden by a 18th century intervention, and it is preceded by a monument to Don Enrico Tazzoli,  […]

Church of Sant'Abbondio

In 1624, the noble jurist G. Pietro Ala from Cremona commissioned, next to the church, on the area where once was a graveyard, the chapel called Loreto Sanctuary, as it  […]

Church of Sant'Agata

As a matter of fact at the end of the XV century the building was entirely renovated on the project B. De Lera and this phase of the monument still  […]

Church of Sant'Agostino

The structure is attributed to Teodosio Guarneri, and has the typical features of Lombard monastery Gothic, though it was remarkably modified in later centuries.


The façade features a Gothic structure that  […]

Church of Santa Maria del Gradaro

Construction of this church was commenced in the year 1256 by the Canonici Regolari di San Marco, a Mantua order founded half a century earlier.


A former church is said to  […]

Church of Santo Spirito

Standing in the street now named after Vittorino da Feltre, this dates at least from the second half of the 13C. It has a restrained design with a nave and  […]

Church of St Albino bishop

This parish church is a majestic Neoclassical building (42 m long, 18 m wide, 25 m high) inaugurated in 1804 to replace a previous one, demolished in the last decade  […]

Church of St Bartolomeo

This parish church was built between 1873 and 1876 and conserves the bell-tower of the previous church, which collapsed. Fine 18C organ. The history of the hamlet of Ospitaletto is  […]

Church of St Bartolomeo Apostolo

A 19C construction with a longitudinal plan and a nave. The balustrade separating the congregational space from the presbytery dates from 1650 and was brought from another building, as was  […]

Church of St Bartolomeo, or of Victory

Erected between the 15C and 16C, this church has a rectangular plan with a nave but no aisles. Now the oratory is a parish church mainly serving the community of  […]

Church of St Biagio

The present parish church, at San Biagio, was constructed between 1764 and 1780 to replace a previous one, built in the 14C, and dedicated for worship ten years later. It  […]

Church of St Biagio

This parish church was completed in 1857, as stated on a small tablet to the left of the entrance. It has a Neoclassical facade with statues in an alcove and  […]

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Next >

Map