Religious building

Church of St Giuseppe

Erected in 1962, this new church is a significant octagonal construction with a central plan and arranged on two levels. The upper church is entered up two large flights of  […]

Church of St Giuseppe

Formerly the Gonzaga stables, this church was built by the Compagnia del Santissimo Sacramento in 1729. The facade, simple and with pilasters, is enriched with a pediment and a fine  […]

Church of St Luigi Gonzaga

This church and the annexed mansion are the only surviving constructions of a former 17C convent. This palatine chapel, with an elegant bell-tower, is joined to the main mansion, of  […]

Church of St Marco Evangelista

This parish church dates from the second half of the 18C and has a two-tier facade with a pediment.


Inside, the capitals and stucco decorations were executed in 1789 by Giambattista  […]

Church of St Margherita

A parish church until 1986, this is now aggregated to the parish of San Martino Gusnago and dates from the 17C-18C. The facade is divided in two with pilasters and  […]

Church of St Margherita virgin and martyr

The church presents a harmonious whole with a classical facade and inside a nave, where the decoration is restrained. Save for that of St Himerius of Cremona, the 18C altars  […]

Church of St Maria Annunciata

The three-naved temple was expanded into its current size in 1805. Testimony of its ancient style can still be seen: the foundation stone dating back to 1416, the pointed windows  […]

Church of St Maria Assunta

The church of Santa Maria Assunta was built in 1580 and has a simple but unusual facade of pink and white marble ashlars. The interior has just a nave and  […]

Church of St Maria Assunta and St Cristoforo in Castello

The archpretal church known as in Castello was once inside the walls of Viadana. From 700 AD, there are records of a chapel on the site of the present church  […]

Church of St Maria Maddalena

This parish church stands on a hill overlooking the plain, inside the walls of the fortified town. In Romanesque style, it originally had just a nave; only in the 18C  […]

Church of St Maria Maddalena

The parish church of Bancole is dedicated to the evangelical saint Mary Magdalene, whose feast day is celebrated on 22 July every year.The present building features a restrained classical style  […]

Church of St Maria del Consorzio

All that survives of this old church, rebuilt in late-Gothic style in 1434 and demolished in 1986, are a frescoed polygonal apse with an umbrella vault, a 15C bell-tower with  […]

Church of St Maria della Gironda

This small oratory stands along the main road to Cremona. Restored in 1938, it was the chapel of the old Benedictine monastery, recorded from 1101 and active until the 14C.  […]

Church of St Martino and St Nicola

The earliest record this church dates from 1442. In 1571, the church of San Martino, which stood one kilometre south of the riverbank, was destroyed by flooding and a more  […]

Church of St Maurizio

This overlooks a small open space on the corner of Via Chiassi and Via Viani. It was built for the Theatine Order in 1609, to a design by the architect  […]

Church of St Michele Arcangelo

This parish church has an imposing 18C Neoclassical facade by the architect Domenico Andrea Rossi from Ticino.


The light, spacious interior is decorated in late-baroque style, with a richly decorated high  […]

Church of St Michele Arcangelo

The parish church originally dates from the 17C but was radically renovated in 1958 in the modern style.


The Archangel Michael is depicted in the apse as well as in a  […]

Church of St Michele Arcangelo

A plaque on the exterior commemorates Monsignor Luigi Martini, spiritual comforter of the Belfiore Martyrs and born in Sustinente.


Founded by the monks of Polirone, its present architecture, now restored, is  […]

Church of St Michele Arcangelo

The church stands in the middle of town. Of mediaeval origin, it was built in 1460 but the Gothic-revival facade dates from the last century. A large square separates it  […]

Church of St Michele Arcangelo

Dedicated to two patron saints, St Michael the Archangel and St Andrew the Apostle, this church is the product of two successive reconstructions: in or around 1476, an early oratory  […]

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next >

Map