Author

  • Stefano Mazzotti

Share

Cathedral of the Virgin Mary of the Assumption

Phone Tel. 0371/420726
Street and number Piazza della Vittoria
City LODI
Country ITA

This cathedral is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and it is one of the largest in Lombardy. It is in Romanic-style. Its building started in 1160 and was completely restored between 1958 and 1965.
The interior has three aisles. In the lateral chapels can be admired remarkable frescoes, some of which are dedicated to the Virgin Mary; in the second altar on the right, there is a statue of the Pilgrim Madonna, which was crowned in 1949 by Milan archbishop Beato Ildefonso Schuster.


Apertura: Apertura dalle 7.30 alle 12 e dalle 15.30 alle 19.00


Referente: Badaracco Mons. Francesco

Map

Nearby...loading